Full Job Description
Urgently hiring for Full-Time Personal Support Workers (PSWs).
We offer competitive salaries. Join us and make a difference in the lives of older adults that need your compassion and care.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
Licence: Ontario PSW Certificate (Required)
For years we have been providing one on one care on a part-time, temporary or full-time basis in Long Term Care facilities and is committed to fostering a compassionate and nurturing environment for our clients and their families.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality of healthcare services in a manner that contributes to the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the patients and community we serve. We believe in providing a work environment where each person is valued and respected. We are looking for individuals who understand the importance of providing the highest quality of compassionate care and safety to patients in a variety of locations throughout Ontario.
Required Qualification Include, but are not limited to:
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Valid and current CPR Certification
- Possess a complete police reference check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (within the last twelve months)
- Updated vaccinations
- TB Step 2 Test or chest x-ray (within the last year)
- Basic computer skills
- Work independently and collaboratively with an interprofessional team in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Effective observational, organizational and problem-solving skills
Preferred Qualification Include, but are not limited to:
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Knowledge of CPI, Mental Health, Diabetes and Dementia are assets
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development
Job Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Possess a strong client-centred approach with patients and family in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations and assess, anticipate and respond to patients’ requirements
- Proven punctuality in attendance is a must
- Aid with activities of daily living that involve the patient’s cognitive and physical well being
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all areas of responsibility
Thank you for considering this role!