$20–$22 an hour – Part-time
Cook Job details
$20–$22 an hour
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Full Job Description
Aryal Healthcare Inc. is a diversified health and social care service organization serving the healthcare staff needs of Group Homes, Retirement Communities, and Long-Term Care Facilities.
Who We Look for:
We are looking to hire Cook/Dietary Aide for one of our most reputable clients in Hamilton, ON.
Status: Part-time, Casual
Why Choose Aryal?
We have a full comprehension of the healthcare recruitment business. Not only do we strive to satisfy the needs of our clients, but we also value our staff and help them succeed in their careers.
Key Responsibilities: Cook
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef
- Schedule and supervise kitchen helpers
- Oversee kitchen operations
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- May set up and oversee buffets
- May clean kitchen and work area
- May plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- May hire and train kitchen staff.
· Chef training or culinary management certificate or diploma from a program that meets the requirements of the OLTCH Act, OR Certificate of qualification as a Cook issued by an authority meeting the requirements of the OLTCH Act, OR Post-secondary diploma in food and nutrition management OR a post-secondary degree in food and nutrition.
· Must possess a Food Handler’s Certificate.
· Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food service industry and working with seniors.
· Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items, and stand/walk for majority of shift.
· Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check.
· Must provide a complete and current (within six months) TB Test.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cooking: 1 year (preferred)
Licence/Certification: Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required